UMaine Summer 2021
Summer University | MAY 10–AUG. 20
Summer University is comprised of three- and six-week sessions featuring 900 courses offered online and on campus, beginning with May Session. Whether you are looking to fit that extra course into your schedule, graduate early, boost your GPA, or simply make the most of your summer, take advantage of Summer University.
Early College | MAY 10–AUG. 20
The Early College Program allows students to take college courses while they are still in high school. Students enroll in online and on-campus courses at a reduced Early College or free tuition rate.
- UMaine accepted first-year students (fall 2021)
- Academ-e and Aspirations (portfolio of online and on-campus courses)
- Leadership Institute (residential)
- Upward Bound (residential)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Program (residential)
- Early College Outdoor Leadership Pathway Program (on and off campus)
Summer Start Program | JUNE 22–AUG. 20
The Summer Start Program is an opportunity for confirmed first-year students to take one course over the summer at a discounted Summer Start tuition rate of $138.25/hour for all resident/nonresident students up to 4 credits. In addition to enrolling in a course, students will receive student success support such as peer mentoring coaching and academic advising. Students choose from more than 40 100- and 200-level courses.
Residential programs provide students with room and board, take place either on campus or at another site (4-H Learning Center, Darling Marine Center, Hurricane Island, etc.) and take place over multiple days.
- RLE Summer intensive (on and off campus)
- Honors/Community Building and Engagement at Hurricane Island (off campus)
- NFSA/School of Forest Resources (off campus)
- STEM Summer Bridge Program (on campus)
- NSFA/Marine Sciences Bootcamp (off campus)
- NSFA/Novel Research (BMB) (on campus)
- NSFA/School of Biology and Ecology Schoodic (Schoodic, off campus)
- Darling Marine Center (DMC)
Black Bear Bound
Black Bear Bound trips are small group experiential orientation programs that help you prepare for your upcoming college experience. Our expeditions take place from May to August. The Bound to Explore and Bound to Engage programs start four days prior to move-in and are hosted at UMaine’s 4-H Learning Centers around Maine, providing an opportunity to explore different parts of the beautiful state.