Skip to main navigation
Skip to site navigation
Skip to content
2017-2018 Alternative Breaks Application
Trip Member Application
What is Alternative Breaks?
- AB is a chapter of a national organization called BreakAway which is a service-learning institute whose goal is to “train, assist, and connect campuses and communities.”
- AB is affiliated with The Barbara Higgins Bodwell ‘45 Center for Service & Volunteerism located in the Memorial Union.
- AB is a service focused, drug and alcohol-free organization that is funded completely through fundraising, participant dues, and University of Maine Student Government.
If you are accepted, what commitments do you have to AB?
- Members are required to pay a $200 membership fee. There is a scholarship option if dues are unaffordable.
- Members must participate in group fundraising events and local service projects throughout the year.
- Weekly meetings with your group are required and are a great chance to meet and connect with new friends.
- There will be an All AB retreat this year, which is mandatory for all AB members.
- If accepted, you will hear back from Coordinators on September 27 via email; on October 1 from 7-9pm, there will be an All AB Meeting in the Bangor Room in the Union where your group members and social issue will be revealed!
- Please do not hesitate to contact AB Coordinators Isiah Brown and Megan Pike through our emails (Isiah.firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com).
Applications are due by Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 11:59pm