Stuck at Home?
Are you stuck at home with nothing to do?! Look no further! Each week the Center for Student Involvement will be hosting activities through our website and social media! Be sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook @um.getinvolved
Do you wish that you could get out of the house? These virtual trips and events may help!
Take a tour around the world all from the comfort of your home!
- National Gallery of Art (Washington, D.C.)
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.)
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (Gwacheon-si, South Korea)
Van Gogh Museum (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- The National Museum of Anthropology (Mexico City, Mexico)
- The British Museum (London, England)
- The Louvre (Paris, France)
- Check out this tour of Ellis Island!
- Take a tour of England thanks to virtual reality!
- How about a stroll through Yellowstone?!
- While you’re at it, you might as well check out these other National Parks!
- Have you ever visited the Great Wall of China?
- Try to maintain social distancing while walking through Pompeii…
- Honestly, this next one is outta this world! This is a real look at Mars!!!
- Can’t make it to Broadway, no need to fear! Here are some Broadway shows you can watch from your couch!
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems. Hangout with a creative artist as he teaches you how to create some fun doodles! Every day at 1 p.m.
- Learn to make towel animals! This is a cool event we wish we could’ve hosted on campus! It’s DIY so grab a towel to get started!
- Free. Coloring. Books. How awesome is that?!
- Do you love a good poem? Poets.org is releasing a Poem-a-Day!
Workin’ on Your Fitness
- Do you miss stopping by the Rec Center to get your fitness on?! Fear not, they will be releasing new at home workouts every day, via Facebook!
- Planet Fitness is committed to helping you workout from home! Check out their Facebook link for more information!
- Channeling your inner yogi? Core Power Yoga is streaming all sorts of classes which you can do right from your bedroom!
- During a time when social distancing is the norm, let’s come together digitally though fitness. The 2020 Recreation Movement allows UMaine students, faculty, staff, and alumni to participate in online workout classes from 40+ different colleges and universities across the country. Digital fitness and recreation are great ways to have people connect, engage and stay healthy during these uncertain times. Click here to create an account (using your @maine.edu email address) and get started!
Fun to Have With Friends
We know that being away from your friends can be tough. We are here to find ways for you to be connected!
- Watch Netflix Party! This platform allows you and your friends to watch Netflix shows and movies at the same time, while interacting through a chat platform!
- Create a collaborative playlist! This is a great way for you and your friends to listen to music together and share the newest bop (that you really hope your friends will like too)
- Learn a new language together! Rosetta Stone is giving students FREE access to all their services for 3 months
- Do a virtual puzzle! Check out our digital puzzle collection!
Hangin’ With Animals
Penguins, tigers, (polar) bears oh my! Below you will find a ton of webcams from across the globe with cute lil creatures.
Virtual Disney World
Who knew that you could take a trip to Disney World in your PJs?! Grab your Mouse Ears and buckle up! A few of our staff members are huge Disney fans (remember when we did Disney trivia?!). We couldn’t pass up on this virtual opportunity!
- Space Mountain
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Slinky Dog Dash at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- It’s A Small World in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom
- Frozen Ever After at Epcot
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin at Tomorrowland
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Do you have other ideas that we can add to our page?! Let us know! Send us an email to email@example.com
Are you looking for more information regarding COVID-19? All available information can be found here: https://umaine.edu/coronavirus/