Test Proctoring Information for Faculty:
Student Accessibility Services(SAS) Test Proctoring Procedures
Students with disabilities may choose to use their approved accommodations for exams. If you, as faculty, are unable to provide the accommodations and need SAS to proctor your exam please review the procedures below.
- We require a test proctoring form be completed and returned to SAS for each course.
- SAS has a Faculty Test Proctoring Form that can be completed for all students in your class. This link will also be included in the email the student receives with their accommodation letter. Please note that this link will be updated each semester.
- If all test dates for the class are determined at the start of the semester, one form can be used with all the dates listed (including final exams).
- A new form is required every semester; your preferences or procedures may have changed and we will not make assumptions about this information.
- If you have already completed the faculty form for your class you can notify the student and they will be responsible for scheduling a time with SAS.
- Students are required to notify SAS of testing dates. They can call or email our office however we also have a Student Test Proctoring Request Form. Please note that this link will be updated each semester.
- We ask that the proctoring form be delivered to SAS 3 business days prior to regular exams during the semester and one week before a final exam.
- The exam should be delivered to East Annex or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 pm the day before regular exams (if your exam is not ready to be delivered by 3pm the day prior you must contact SAS). Final exams must be delivered 2 business days prior to a final exam.
Test Receipt and Return:
- Please email exams to SAS at email@example.com or delivered to the SAS office at room 121 in the East Annex. Starting in Fall 2020 SAS will not be picking up exams.
- SAS will scan and email exams to you or hold them for pick up at our front desk. Starting in Fall 2020 SAS will not be delivering exams to individual offices or mailrooms.
Please be advised of the following information:
- OUR OFFICE HOURS ARE 7:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. ALL EXAMS MUST BE COMPLETED BY 4:30 P.M. IF SAS IS THE TESTING LOCATION. If your exam is later in the day, or the student has a conflict that does not allow them to access their approved amount of time during our office hours the student may request an alternate time earlier in the day or the following morning. If you have questions or concerns about approving an alternate a test time please contact SAS.
- Due to the heavy volume of exams we are not able to proctor exams if the procedures above are not followed.
- SAS cannot be responsible for reminding faculty to send exams that will be proctored.
- If there are multiple students in your class receiving accommodations please list all their names on the Faculty Test Proctoring Form