Disability is a valued diversity at the University of Maine. SAS collaborates with students and the campus community to discuss reasonable accommodations which creates a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse learning environment. With this view in mind students are encouraged to complete the following steps to request reasonable accommodations which includes completing an information form and sending documentation to our office. We recognize that there are some instances in which documentation may vary in a variety of ways, if you are concerned that you cannot provide documentation to our office prior to your initial meeting please reach out our office staff to discuss your concerns.
Click on the form below associated with your disability to download a copy of the guidelines for Documentation of Disability:
- Documentation Guidelines for a Learning Disability (PDF)
- Documentation Guidelines for ADD / ADHD (PDF)
- Documentation Guidelines for Psychological Disorders (PDF)
- Documentation Guidelines for Physical or Chronic Health Related Disabilities (PDF)
- Documentation Guidelines for all other disabilities (PDF)
Click on the form below to download the form for COVID-19 related accommodations: