2019 – 2020 FAFSA Information
October 1, 2018: You can file your 2019-2020 FAFSA
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by going to www.fafsa.gov
- Students and Parents should never pay to file a FAFSA.
- All filers will need an FSA ID from the Department of Education in order to electronically sign the FAFSA.
- Click here for more information about the FSA ID
- The University of Maine’s School Code is 002053
October 1, 2018: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool will be available to use
- Available to student applicants and parents who have filed their
- Allows students and/or parents to transfer income information directly from the IRS and transfer it into your FAFSA.
- Click here for more information about IRS Data Retrieval
- Confirm that the Financial Aid Office has received your FAFSA by accessing your MaineStreet Student Center and clicking on the “FAFSA Status” link after February 1st.
March 1, 2019: The University of Maine’s priority filing deadline
- Must file your FAFSA by March 1st to be considered for the maximum possible financial aid eligibility.
Submit Additional Documents, if Required:
- Students and/or parents may be required to provide the Financial Aid Office with additional documentation to verify data provided on FAFSA.
- Specific verification requests and instructions will be available to students on their MaineStreet To-Do list.
- Click here for more information on the additional documents you may need to submit.
April 15, 2019: Deadline to submit requested verification documents to the Financial Aid Office.
Please note that we will not accept appeals for students who file the FAFSA after March 1st, or submit any of the required verification documents after April 15th.