Massachusetts General Hospital looking for a Social Worker

My name is Sharl Azar and I’m the Director of the Comprehensive Sickle Cell Disease Treatment Center here at Massachusetts General Hospital.  Our Center cares for both children and adults suffering with sickle cell disease through a multidisciplinary approach and one of the most important members of our team is our clinical social worker.

We are looking to hire a new dedicated social worker to our program and I’m reaching out to you to determine if you may know of any recent graduates or alumni of your program who may be interested in applying for the position.  If your program has an alumni job announcement board or if you know of anyone who might be interested, I would be very glad to send you the job description.  We are looking for an individual who has a passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion and who would be interested in working with a very vulnerable population of patients that has long been ignored by healthcare.  Our Center is only 1 year old so our clinical social worker will play a very important role in our development as a whole and in carving out a unique position.  Please let me know if you know of any interested candidates or if I can provide any additional information.

The link to the job posting is here: https://partners.taleo.net/careersection/ghc/jobdetail.ftl?job=776667

Sharl Azar, MD

Director, Comprehensive Sickle Cell Disease Treatment Center

Massachusetts General Hospital

Harvard Medical School

Boston, Massachusetts