BS Level Social Work Position and a Mental Health Clinician needed
Position: Clinician (School Based Health)
The clinician position provides counseling services to students with mental health needs in the school based setting (Lewiston Middle School). The model of treatment provided is dependent on each individual’s needs. This role is responsible for collaborating with other providers to provide holistic care to students, developing individualized treatment plans for each client that identifies measurable goals and documenting treatment progress in the electronic health record. The clinician will model appropriate social interaction skills, including boundaries, communication, conflict resolution, etc. with clients, families, school personal,peers and others.
•Provides outpatient counseling to students and, if applicable, their families,dependent upon clinical need.
•Completes documentation of client records within the electronic health record.
•Develops treatment goals and reviews progress in treatment.•Collaborates withother provides, school personnel, family, etc., as needed.
•Completes grant reporting requirements
•$1000 Training/ conference funds provided annually (licensure renewal fees, examination fees, professional book reimbursement, etc. available)
• Seasonal, salaried position
• Additional onsite trainings available (contact hours provided)
• Five days of training allowable without the use of earned time
• Generous earned time bank • Medical, dental, eye benefits and more….. • Clinical supervision provided (frequency dependent upon licensure/ certification requirements)
• Monthly case consultation with child psychiatrist
Education and Requirements:
• Must be eligible to be licensed or eligible to hold certification in the State of Maine (LMSW-CC, LCSW, LCPC, LCPC-C)
• 1-3 years’ experience providing counseling to adolescents preferred, but not required
• Ability to work in a team setting and autonomously
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required
• Commitment to the mission and values of Covenant Health
Applicants may apply on our website: https://www.stmarysmaine.com/careers/careersKeyword: Type in “Clinician.” Choose Clinician II with the School Based health department. We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.