In the School of Engineering Technology, our undergraduates benefit from being part of a technology-enhanced learning community. All students entering the School of Engineering Technology will be required to have a notebook computer that meets our hardware and software requirements. You may purchase your notebook from your preferred vendor or you may choose to take advantage of our negotiated packages through the University of Maine Bookstore. We’re excited to offer you this flexibility.
Contact Derek Husson in the bookstore at 207.581.1744 to ask about any computer you may buy to ensure it will meet the required specifications. This year, the bookstore has negotiated with Dell computer on a configuration for the Dell Mobile Precision 5520 that will meet our requirements. The key specifications are listed below for comparison to similar machines provided by other vendors.
Recommended for all School of Engineering Technology students for Fall 2018
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Intel i7-7820HQ Quad Core 2.9 GHZ, 8MB
- 15.6″ LED FHD UWVA Anti-Glare, 1920 x 1080 Display
- NVIDIA Quadro Graphics with at least 2 GB
- 16GB DDR4 SDRAM memory
- 512GB PCIe Solid State Hard Drive
- WiFi Card
- Lithium Ion Battery & Power Adapter
- 3-year Warranty NBD On-Site Coverage with Accidental Damage Protection