Know Your Money Day - October 7th
This one-day mega event raises awareness of student financial literacy and debt management. With pizza, SALT swag, and raffle prizes (more than $500 last year!) donated by local businesses – plus UMaine’s very own Bananas T. Bear! – it’s a great chance to sign-up for SALT, get financial literacy resources, and be a part of the fun!
Financial Literacy Month - April
The UMaine SALT team, including our Peer Financial Advocates (PFAs), were proud to host dynamic financial literacy programming throughout the month of April.
- Money Monday “Coupon Cab” (variation of the hit “Cash Cab” television show). Students were given the chance to win free pizza, ice cream, and other items by answering financial trivia.
- A Financial Fitness interactive workshop & cycling class, sponsored by the Rec Center
- Themed tables, including: DIY mason jar piggy banks; dollar bill origami (turn your savings into art!); and Minute-to-Win-it games for pride and prizes!
- SALT & Financial Aid E-Scavenger Hunt
- Raffle for more than $700 in prizes, donated by our outstanding area businesses!