SALT was created to empower UMaine students to take control of their finances by offering tools and information to support smarter financial decisions. SALT membership allows students to take advantage of over 1,200 multimedia content assets (e.g. videos, articles, games, blogs, and more!) that deliver the fundamentals of building healthy, lifelong personal finance habits. UMaine’s most popular SALT site features include:
- Know What You Owe – use this essential tool to keep track of all of your debt in one place (student loans, car payments, medical bills, etc.)! Features NSLDS student loan data retrieval tool.
- Student Loan Repayment Navigator – a comprehensive guide to student loan repayment options that helps you choose the one that fits your budget!
- Savings Calculator – find out how much you could be saving each month!
- Fixx it App – use this exclusive SALT app to track your spending and build a better budget!
- My Money 101 – a self-paced, online training resource that teaches you practical money management strategies for sticking to spending plans, building credit, acing interviews, and more!
- Job & Internship Search – search available jobs and internships from more than 23,000 employers, upload and tailor-fit your resume, and communicate directly with hiring managers!
- Scholarship Search – Most Popular! Search over 2.4 million awards worth over $14 billion to find scholarships that match your unique qualifications.
- PLUS 24/7 access to free and unbiased expert student loan counselors.
Call toll-free at 1.877.523.9473 or E-Mail email@example.com
The UMaine SALT team also offers students confidential, peer support for personal finance management. Visit our Peer Financial Advocacy Program page to learn more!