Elections have been completed.
Congratulations to the new executive board for next year:
President: Brandon Richards
Vice President: David Washburn
VP of Financial Affairs: Joshua Northrop
Nat’l Communications Coordinator: Aiden Ciaffaglione
Secretary: Cheyenne Laszlo
All positions are paid hourly. If you would like to be involved with RHA or want more info on the positions, please contact any of the executive members by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 207.581.2504.
If you would like to join your CLC, please visit your Community Coordinator or RA!
(more info on Complex Leadership Council page)
Descriptions of Positions:
- The President shall have the primary responsibility for all external affairs of RHA. This shall include representing and expressing the wishes of the On-Campus Student Body to any person outside that body, serving on all appropriate University and Student Government committees, and informing RHA of all issues and decisions of the administration which will affect the On-Campus Student Body.
- The President shall have the responsibility of training the President-Elect of the duties and responsibilities of the office.
- The President shall perform any other duties as in this constitution, as is directed by the GA, and as is stated in their job description
- The President shall have the power to veto any resolution prior to the next regular meeting of the RHA General Assembly after the passage of said resolution. A veto may be overturned by submitting a Veto Overturn Resolution, to be voted at during the next RHA General Assembly meeting. The president may not veto a Veto Overturn Resolution.
- The Vice President shall have the primary responsibility for the internal affairs of RHA; this shall include projects of RHA and RHA committees.
- The Vice President shall have the responsibility of training the Vice President-Elect of the duties and responsibilities of the office.
- The Vice President shall perform other such duties as in this constitution, as is directed by the GA or the President of RHA , and as is stated in their job description with Student Government, Inc.
- Run General Assembly meetings using Robert’s Rules of Order
Vice President of Financial Affairs (VPFA):
- The Vice President of Financial Affairs shall be the chief financial officer of RHA, and as such, shall have primary responsibility for all RHA accounts and general supervision over all funding and funding requests, including those of the Complex Leadership Councils.
- The VPFA shall have the right to inspect the financial records of any Complex Leadership Council.
- The VPFA may recommend freezing a Complex Leadership Council’s fund to the Executive Board to be voted on as defined in the Financial Policies.
- Oversee the RHA Budget Council
- Approve Alternate Funding Requests for CLC’s and Friday Night Programming.
- To maintain and publish the contact roster, attendance records and minutes.
- To make available to all RHA members the time, date, and location of all RHA meetings.
- To receive, maintain, and distribute all documents and records.
- In charge of social media accounts
National Communications Coordinator:
- To serve as RHA’s official liaison to North East Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls and NACURH, Inc. and shall attend all of the respective conference meetings.
- To be responsible for selection, preparation, registration and training of the RHA Delegation as permissible by the RHA Budget.
- To be responsible for coordinating, ordering, and submitting materials from the National Information Center (NIC).
- To ensure that RHA proceedings are conducted according to the RHA Constitution and Policy Manual as well as serve as an expert in parliamentary rules and procedures.