How do self-administered T3 tests on campus work?
Shield T3 self-collected COVID-19 saliva test kits will be used for symptomatic testing on campus.
Read the instructions included in the test kit to understand the process fully before beginning your sample self-collection. A how-to video is online.
Note: After collecting your saliva sample, you have 12 hours to: 1) activate your test kit in PointnClick, the UMS COVID-19 portal and then 2) drop off your sample.
Test results are typically available within 24 hours.
Instructions for activating your kit:
- Log into PointnClick using your UMS username and password
- Be sure you’ve activated the COVID-19 Testing Consent form
- Click the “Home Kit Activation” link in the left-hand menu and continue to the next page
- Enter your 12-digit specimen number and 5-digit test kit number, both found under the barcode on the sample tube; note that an error message will result if numbers are in the incorrect fields and they will need to be reentered
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the page to receive a “Success” confirmation
- Drop off your sample at Estabrooke Hall at the times listed above