Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Useful Websites
- Animal Welfare Act, Regulations and Standards
- Animal Welfare Information Center Home Page
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare
- Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Animal Care Policy Manual
- American Society of Mammologists
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) Guidelines on Euthanasia:
Revised 2013; these guidelines set the standards for euthanasia practices. PHS Policy incorporates these guidelines by reference.
- Amphibians and Reptiles, Recommendations for the Care of
- Code of Practice, prepared by the Declining Amphibian Populations Task Force (DAPTF) to provide guidelines for use by anyone conducting fieldwork at amphibian breeding sites or in other aquatic habitats.
- Database on Refinement of Housing and Handling Conditions and Environmental Enrichment for Laboratory Animals (Rodents, Rabbits, Cats, Dogs, Ferrets, Farm Animals, Horses, Birds, Fishes, Amphibians, and Reptiles.
- Guidance Concerning Use of Carbon Dioxide for Euthanasia of Small Animals
The Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare has issued PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals guidance to Assured institutions clarifying current requirements regarding the use of carbon dioxide (CO2) as a euthanasia agent for small laboratory animals. Guidance regarding prompt reporting of related serious noncompliance is included. The guidance is contained in a July 17, 2002 notice published in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts (OD-02-062)
- Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Agricultural Teaching and Research (Ag Guide 2010)
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (8th Edition NEW): PDF HTML
- Guidelines for Use of Fishes in Field Research
- Guidelines for Use of Live Amphibians and Reptiles in Field and Laboratory Research
- Institute for Lab Animal Research: On-line Journals
- Scientists Center for Animal Welfare
- Status of Clove Oil and Eugenol for Anesthesia of Fish: The Food and Drug Administration issued this information regarding the use of clove oil and its components for the anesthesia of fish
- Wild Birds in Research, Guidelines to the Use of
- Zebrafish Information Network