Promotion and Tenure resources
The Provost’s Office understands that promotion and tenure application processes can feel daunting. It is our hope that these events and resources may provide useful direction and guidance for interested faculty.
For questions about promotion and tenure, please contact Jessica Miller, Associate Provost for Academic Affairs and Faculty Development: email@example.com
To request an appointment with Associate Provost Miller, please contact Jonathan Jue-Wong, Administrative Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PowerPoint slides on Promotion to Full
Promotion and Tenure events:
Promotion and Tenure panel
This event was held in-person at Stodder Hall, Room 57 and over Zoom. Tenure track faculty were invited to hear from a panel of recently promoted faculty offering their best advice and tips on planning for promotion and how to prepare a compelling dossier. A recording is available here.
- William Gramlich, Associate Professor of Chemistry
- Sheila Edalatpour, Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- C. Matt Graham, Associate Professor of Management Information Systems
- Cat Biddle, Associate Professor of Educational Leadership
- Sally Molloy, Associate Professor of Genomics & Honors Preceptor of Genomics
Promotion to Full panel
Thursday, March 10, 2022; 1:00-2:00pm
This event was held online. A recording is available here.
- Justin Wolff, Professor of Art History and Chair of the Art Department
- Esperenza Stancioff, Professor of Extension
- Shihfen Tu, Professor of Education and Applied Quantitative Methods
- Heather Leslie, Professor of Marine Sciences and Director of the Darling Marine Center
Peer Committee panel
Tuesday, March 29, 2022; 1:00-2:00pm
This event was held online. The panel was focused on peer committee best practices and was aimed at peer committee members and chairs. A recording is available here.
- Elizabeth Allan, Professor and Program Coordinator of Higher Education
- Scott Johnson, Professor of Tectonics and Structural Geology, School of Earth and Climate Sciences
- Bill Davids, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- David Hiebeler, Professor of Mathematics
- Ivan Manev, Professor of Management
- Sam Hanes, Associate Professor of Anthropology and Chair