Post-Award and Fiscal Services serves as a liaison between the university and external sponsors once an award has been made, and assists faculty and staff with cradle-to-grave project administration including contract and subcontract negotiation, project set-up and monitoring, modification of awards, project invoicing and accounting, financial and effort reporting and project close-out activities.
It is highly recommended that you review our training, ORSP 103: The Post-Award Process. The session begins with the receipt of an award and walks investigators through their roles and responsibilities in the three phases of the Post-Award Process: Project Start-Up, Award Management and Award Close-Out. Access ORSP 103 and all other ORSP workshops via our Training page.
Throughout the life of an award, it is the Investigator’s responsibility to ensure compliance with the award terms, the Office of Management and Budget Circulars, Federal and State Regulations, University of Maine System Administrative Practice Letters, and University of Maine Policies & Procedures. For an introduction to the various compliance areas, please visit About Compliance.
In addition, the document “Post Award Role and Responsibilities of a Principal Investigator at the University of Maine (PDF)” clearly defines the Investigator/Department and ORSP roles and responsibilities throughout the Post-Award Process, and provides links to policies, guides, and other resources.
- ORSP Post-Award Staff
- Advanced Computing Group – Data Management
- Cost Share Related to Grants & Contracts (Excel)
- Financial Review Log (PDF)
- Fiscal Accountability
- Intellectual Property
- No-Cost Extension Request
- PeopleSoft Chartfield Account Codes (PDF)
- Policy and Procedure for Sponsored Projects Cost Transfers (Word)
- Project Adjustment Request Form (Excel)
- Regulations, Policy & Procedure
- Standard Research Terms & Agency Specific Regulations
- Subrecipient Commitment Form (PDF)