UMAPIT (University of Maine Advisory Panel and Internal Team for Research Proposal Review) is a faculty-initiated and University Administration-supported program to strengthen UMaine faculty grant writing skills and funding success. All members of the UMaine research community are welcome to submit proposals, however, priority will be given to proposals from junior faculty, professional staff, and other faculty new to grant writing.
- UMAPIT provides grant writers with valuable internal peer review of proposals before they are submitted to funding agencies.
- Pre-proposals, proposals, and resubmissions are all eligible for review, and should have a minimum annual budget of $75,000.
- Up to 8 proposals per year will be accepted for review through this program on a first come, first served basis.
- A mini grant of $300 will be awarded to the department of each faculty member who reviews a grant proposal through this program (or $150 for pre-proposals), for the purpose of supporting the faculty and graduate student research.
For more information read the UMAPIT Program Description (PDF).
- Notice of Intent to Submit (PDF)
- Proposal Submission Form (PDF)
- Guidelines for PIs submitting through UMAPIT (PDF)
- Guidelines for UMAPIT reviewers (PDF)
- Roster of UMAPIT reviewers (PDF)
- Feedback Survey for PIs (PDF)
- Feedback Survey for UMAPIT Reviewers (PDF)