Conflict of Interest Training
Effective April 1, 2013, all investigators must satisfactorily complete Conflict of Interest (COI) training using the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Program. The training typically takes about 30 minutes to complete; certification is valid for four years.
Prior to submitting a request for funding from an extramural source, the Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-PIs must:
- Review UMaine’s revised Policies and Procedures for Financial Disclosures and Conflicts of Interest in Extramurally Sponsored Activities (PDF)
- Complete the COI training (Instructions for establishing a CITI account and completing COI training (PDF))
- Update their PARS User Profile with the COI training date of successful completion (Note: The PARS user profile can be accessed from the PARS homepage titled ‘User Activities Menu’)
- Complete the Financial Disclosure Statement/Investigator Certification in PARS (Note: This certification is project specific and can be found on the “Project Information” screen)
- Submit a Significant Financial Interest Disclosure Form (PDF) to ORSP, if applicable.
More information can be found at: http://umaine.edu/ora/compliance/conflict-of-interest/