The Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS)
The Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) is available to the Registered Nurse who possesses a Master of Science degree in Nursing and wants to be prepared as a family nurse practitioner, a nurse educator, or as a nurse administrator. The Graduate Program Coordinator and the CAS student will develop a program of study that builds upon prior graduate education and which meets all requirements for national certification or other expected program outcome. A minimum of 33 semester hours (500 and 600 level courses) is required to earn the CAS.
Prerequisites for admission to the CAS program include:
- A Master of Science in Nursing degree.
- Minimum graduate GPA of 3.25
- Current Maine licensure as a Registered Nurse.
Prospective CAS students may contact Sean Sibley, Family Nurse Practitioner Program Coordinator (207-581-2597) or email@example.com for further details and program planning.
- Apply now
- Application deadline:
- Fall admissions – All documents must be received by April 1st
- Spring admissions – All documents must be received by November 1st
- Current resume with contact information for 3 references
- An essay using the Guidelines set by the Graduate School of Nursing
Sample Program of Study: