Parking and road closure information for Maine Hello
To accommodate for Maine Hello, a day of welcome for incoming students, and other events on Aug. 25, the University of Maine will implement various parking lot closures, road closures and road changes throughout campus Aug. 23–25.
The following parking areas will be closed:
- The Belgrade Lot, which will be reserved for Maine Hello family parking, Aug. 23–25
- The Collins Center for the Arts Lot, which will be reserved for Maine Hello Family parking, Aug. 23–25
- The Murray Lot, Aug. 23–25
- The Versant Power Astronomy Center Lot, which will be reserved for Hilltop and New Balance Student Recreation Center employees only, Aug. 23–25
- The Hilltop Lot, Aug. 23–25
- The New Balance Recreation Center Lot, which will be open only to center patrons, Maine Hello volunteers and Hilltop employees who need handicap parking, Aug. 24–25
- The Jenness North and South lots, Aug. 23–25
- The Gannett/Cutler lot, Aug. 23–25
- The Stewart Quad parking areas, Aug. 23–25
- The Knox Hall Lot, from 6 a.m.–4 p.m. on Aug. 25
- The Somerset Hall Lot, Aug. 23–25
- The Deering Hall Lot, which will be partially closed, Aug. 23–25
The Tennis Court Lot also will be closed Aug. 24–28.
Road closures and changes happening Aug. 25 include:
- A portion of Long Road between Androscoggin Road and the Knox Hall Lot that will be closed both ways until 4 p.m.
- Flagstaff Road from Long Road, which will have one-way flow southbound across Flagstaff Road
- Belgrade Road from Rangeley Road:, which will have one-way flow westbound across Belgrade Road
- Square Road in front of York Hall and York Hall Lot, which will have one-way flow westbound
- Hilltop Road from the recreation center entrance to Androscoggin Road, which will be one way heading West and down the hill
Maine Hello takes place from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. on Aug. 25. There also will be events happening on campus beginning at 4 p.m. Be prepared for high levels of traffic throughout downtown Orono and in Old Town.
Students and their families who are traveling to campus along Interstate 95 were informed to use exits 191 and 193 onto Kelley Road and Stillwater Avenue, respectively. Employees driving to work on Aug. 25 are encouraged to avoid Long Road and that area of campus.
For any questions about where to park during Maine Hello, contact UMaine Parking and Transportation Services at 207.581.4047.