UMaine Extension offers course on farm business management
University of Maine Cooperative Extension is holding a multisession course this fall for those who want to start a profitable farm or expand their farm hobby to a profitable business. Taught by UMaine Extension educators, “So You Want to Farm in Maine?” is scheduled in five counties:
- Oct. 2, 9, 16 and 23; UMaine Extension Penobscot County, 307 Maine Ave., Bangor; register online
- Oct. 9, 16, 23, 30 and Nov. 6; UMaine Extension Cumberland County, 75 Clearwater Drive, Suite 104, Falmouth; register online
- Nov. 1, 8, 15 and 29; Gardiner Area High School, 40 W. Hill Road, Gardiner; register online with Gardiner Adult Education
- Nov. 5, 8, 13 and 15; UMaine Extension Washington County, 28 Center St., Machias; register online
- Nov. 6, 13, 20 and 27; UMaine Extension Aroostook County, Natural Resources Conservation Services, 735 Main St., Presque Isle; register online
The $50 per person fee ($59 Gardiner location) includes the textbook “Starting and Running Your Own Small Farm Business” by Sara Aubrey. Successful course completion qualifies participants for FSA Borrower Training Credit.
For more information or to request a reasonable accommodation, contact Lynne Hazelton, 781.6099, email@example.com. More information is online.