UMaine Extension publications available as holiday season resources, gifts
University of Maine Cooperative Extension has a variety of publications available to be used as resources or given as gifts throughout the holiday season.
Publications include bulletins on feeding birds and building bird houses, holiday food safety, wreath making, and handwashing tips to remember during flu season.
Online publications include:
- The ABCs of Hand Washing
- Food for Holiday Giving: Safety Comes First!
- Balsam Fir Tip Harvesting
- Making Balsam Fir Wreaths
- Birdhouse Basics
- Bird Feeding Basics
- Energy Saver$: Tips on Saving Energy & Money at Home
- Maine Home Energy Series
- Staying Warm in an Unheated House
Books for sale include:
- “The New England Gardener’s Year”
- “The Life in Your Garden: Gardening for Biodiversity”
- “Storey’s Guide to Raising Chickens”
- “So Easy to Preserve”
More bulletins and books are available in the UMaine Extension Publications Catalog. To order, email email@example.com or call 581.3792.