Xudong Zheng, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
The University of Maine
5711 Boardman Hall, Room 213A
Orono, ME 04469-5711
(207) 581-2180; email@example.com
Ph.D. in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from George Washington University, 2009
- Research Scientist, Siemens Corporate Research, 2011-2012
Teaching Areas: (More Information)
Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Mechanics II; Advanced Fluid Mechanics; Intro to Continuum Mechanics; Computational Methods in Fluid Dynamics
Research Areas: (Expanded View)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Bio-fluid Mechanics
- Flow-Structure Interaction
- Computational Aero-Acoustics
- Immersed Boundary Method
- High Performance Computing
- NIH, NSF
Select Research / Collaboration Activities:
- Sound production by flow induced elastic wave with application to human Phonation, NSF CAREER
- Numerical investigation of effects of inner anatomical structure and material property of vocal fold on phonation, NIH
- The relationship between vortices, acoustics and vibration in vocal fold asymmetry, NIH
- Numerical investigation of myoelastic-aerodynamic mechanisms of vocalization in birds
Select Publications / Presentations:
- Jiang, W., Zheng, X. and Xue, Q. (2017) “Computational Modeling of Fluid-Structure-Acoustics Interaction During Voice Production”, Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, Accepted
- Xue, Q., Zheng, X., Mittal, R. and Bielamowicz, S., “Subject-Specific Computational Modeling of Human Phonation,” Acoust. Soc. Am. Vol. 135, No. 2, pp. 1445-1456, 2014.
- Zheng, X., Seo, J., Vedula, V., Abraham, T., and Mittal, R., “Computational Modeling and Analysis of Intracardiac Flows in a Simple Model of Left Ventricle”, European Journal of Mechanics-B /Fluids, Vol. 35, pp. 31-39, 2012.
- Zheng, X., Mittal, R., Xue, Q. and Bielamowicz, S., “Direct-Numerical Simulation of the Glottal Jet and Vocal-Fold Dynamics in a Three-Dimensional Laryngeal Model,” Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 130, No. 1, pp. 404-415, 2011.
- Zheng, X., Xue, Q., Mittal, R. and Bielamowicz, S., “A Coupled Sharp-Interface Immersed-Boundary-Finite-Element Method for Flow-Structure Interaction with Application to Human Phonation,” Biomech. Eng., Vol. 132, No. 11, 111003-1-12, 2010.
Professional Activities / Memberships:
- Member of Editorial Board of Austin Otolaryngology: 2014-Present
- Review Editor of Frontiers in Computational Physiology and Medicine: 2011-present
- Session Chair, APS DFD 68th Annual Meeting, Boston MA, Nov, 2015
- APS, AIAA and ASME