Eric Martin, M.S.
Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering
The University of Maine
5711 Boardman Hall, Room 214
Orono, ME 04469-5711
(207) 581-2149; email@example.com
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Maine, 2010
Teaching Areas: (More Information)
Engineering Graphics & CAD; Computational Tools; Statics; Strength of Materials; Kinematics; Machine Design; Mechanical Lab
- Instructional methods to improve student visualization skills
- Instructional methods for distant and multi-campus learning
Select Research / Collaboration Activities:
- Replacing Interactive Whiteboard Technology, Univ. of Maine System.
- Cavitation Erosion of Thin Oxy-Nitride Films, independent study.
Select Publications / Conference Presentations:
- Friess, W.A., Martin, E. L., Esparragoza, I.E., Lawanto, O., “Improvements in student Spatial Visualization in an introductory engineering graphics course using open-ended design projects supported by 3D printed manipulatives,” Proceedings of the 2016 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, New Orleans, LA, June 2016.
- SolidWorks Accredited Educator
- Certified SolidWorks Professional (Mechanical Design)
- Certified SolidWorks Professional (Drawing Tools)
Professional Activities / Memberships: