2018 Summer Writing Retreat
Description: The idea for a summer writing retreat originated with members that wanted time for writing, sharing, and conferencing among themselves with just enough structure to foster productivity. Some want support for their individual intentions for publication, but your personal writing objective is welcome here. No formal workshops or presenters are planned, although optional guest presenters may be scheduled.
Who is eligible: Maine Writing Project teacher-consultants. Your writing will be welcomed and supported by experienced, like-minded members of the writing project.
July 9-13, 2018 (Monday noon – Friday noon) on the UMaine campus
- Monday afternoon writing marathon, welcome dinner and opening activity;
- Tuesday-Wednesday, 8:30-4:00 with optional evening activities;
- Thursday, 8:30-4:00 Promising Practices Conference
- Friday, 8:30-noon
Fee: $350 fee paid to MWP
Credit: 30 Contact hours
Program: writing and sharing writing, inspiring activities with MWP colleagues, attendance at Promising Practices Conference, opportunity for Maine Writes publication.
- registration includes Monday welcome light lunch and dinner, breakfast & lunch Tuesday-Friday, enough snacks to keep you energized each day!
- some University housing is available for the week.
- Optional guest presenters may be planned.
TC organizing committee: Amy Philbrook ’12, Barbara Keene ‘13, Kristina Clements ‘14
Registration Deadline: May 16th, 2018