Different risk releases are required, depending on whether you plan to use the Maine Bound Adventure Center versus participating in Maine Bound programs/trips/activities. Refer to the categories below.
General Facility Use Liability Waiver / Risk Release - ADULTS
Sign your 4-year liability waiver electronically on the Maine Street Portal (look for it in your To Do items). Until you do this your membership here will not be activated and you will be required to purchase a day pass.
UMaine Employees and All Other Adults with Memberships
Sign on paper at our facility once every 4 years.
Day Pass Purchasers
Visit WebTrac to complete the Online Electronic Release and Assumption of Risk – VALID FOR 1 YEAR by purchasing a Waiver Pass.
Or, if you’d like to sign a new waiver at each visit, you can sign the 1-day-only Day Pass Liability Waiver. We have copies at Maine Bound or you can bring a copy with you as long as it is dated for the day of your visit.
If you are coming with a large group, your participants also have the option of signing 1-day waivers on paper and bringing them with you. HOWEVER, they must be dated for the date of the visit.
General Facility Use Liability Waiver / Risk Release - MINORS
Minors are defined as anyone aged 0-17, as well as adults who are unable to legally sign for themselves. Exception: UMaine students under the age of 18 may sign for themselves. See “UMaine Students”.
A parent or **LEGAL** guardian must sign the minor’s Liability Waiver / Risk Release!
If the parent / **legal** guardian will be present at the visit:
- The waiver can be signed in person on paper, or
- The Online Electronic Release and Assumption of Risk – VALID FOR 1 YEAR process can be followed.
If the parent / **legal** guardian will not be present at the visit:
- The Online Electronic Release and Assumption of Risk – VALID FOR 1 YEAR process can be followed, or you can
- Fill out a Printable PDF of the Release and Assumption of Risk – VALID FOR 1 DAY in advance and give it to us when you visit.
Trips and Challenge Course Programs
Maine Bound Trips – Required Forms
- Maine Bound Trips and Challenge Course Release and Assumption of Risk (PDF)
- Maine Bound Trips Medical Form
Challenge Course Contracts – Required Form
Photo Release Form
Anyone who is having their picture taken by Maine Bound or University of Maine staff must complete and sign this form.