– The Maginnis Lab welcomes William Petterson (UMaine ’20)! We are so happy to have your help in the lab!
– Welcome Laura Horowitz (UMaine ’17) to the Maginnis Lab! We are very happy to have you in our lab and look forward to a great Capstone project!
– The Maginnis Lab welcomes Trevor Lyford (Brown University ’18) and Delaney Woodford (UMaine ’18) to our lab! We are happy to have them in the lab this summer!
– Kashif Mehmood and Michael Wilczek have officially joined the Maginnis lab for their thesis research! We are very excited to have them on our team and look forward to working with them!
Congratulations to Ashley Soucy for being selected to the INBRE Fellowship Program this summer! We are excited to work with you in the lab this summer!
– Happy New Year!
– The Maginnis Lab welcomes rotation student Kashif Mehmood! Welcome Kashif!
– Colleen Mayberry has officially joined the Maginnis Lab for her Master’s research! We are excited to have Colleen on our lab team and look forward to witnessing her discoveries!
– Congratulations to Ashley Soucy (UMaine ’18) for receiving a Frederick Radke Undergraduate Research Fellowship for 2015-2016! This is her 2nd Radke Award! Awesome job!
– Congratulations to Conner Lajoie (UMaine ’17) for being awarded an Honors College INBRE Fellowship for 2015-2016! Yahoo!!
– The Maginnis Lab welcomes rotation student Michael Wilczek and undergrad Tyler Lang! Welcome to our lab!
– The Maginnis Lab welcomes rotation student Colleen Mayberry and undergrad Conner Lajoie! Welcome to our lab!
– Dr. Maginnis presented new findings from the Maginnis Lab at The 6th Northeast Regional IDeA Conference, Bar Harbor, ME.
– Jeanne Price joined our lab for her thesis research in the Ph.D. Program in Biochemistry! We’re thrilled that Jeanne joined our group and look forward to working with her!
– Adam Simard was awarded the Edie McVay King Scholarship! Congrats Adam!!
– Adam Simard and Ashley Soucy presented posters at The 6th Annual Research and Creative Activities Showcase for The Center for Undergraduate Research! Congratulations!
– Congratulations to Ashley Soucy (UMaine ’18) for receiving a Frederick Radke Undergraduate Research Fellowship for 2014-2015! Great job!!
– Congratulations to Adam Simard (UMaine ’15) who was awarded a Center for Undergraduate Research (CUGR) Fellowship for 2014-4015! Well done Adam! http://cugr.umaine.edu/2014-15-fall-fellowship-recipients/
– Professor Maginnis was quoted in the Portland Press Herald regarding the Ebola outbreak and the return of an exposed nurse to the state of Maine. http://www.pressherald.com/2014/10/28/nurse-released-from-quarantine-wont-immediately-return-to-ft-kent-home/
– Professor Maginnis was quoted in the Portland Press Herald regarding the first case of Enterovirus 68 in the state of Maine. Read the article here: http://www.pressherald.com/2014/10/01/first-maine-enterovirus-case-confirmed/
– The Maginnis Lab welcomes graduate rotation student Jeanne Price, work-study student Ashley N. Soucy, and Capstone student Adam Simard.
– Dr. Maginnis presented her research findings in a State-of-the-Art Lecture at the XVIth International Congress of Virology in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and convened the session on Small DNA Viruses.
– Dr. Maginnis received funding as an INBRE Investigator Award through the Maine IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) to support research in her lab July 2014 through April 2019. The Maine INBRE is a $18.4 million grant to strengthen biomedical research and hands-on workforce training in Maine. The five-year award from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences of the National Institutes of Health, ensures the continuation of the Maine IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE), a collaborative network of 13 Maine research institutions, universities, and colleges led by the MDI Biological Laboratory. Our laboratory is very proud to be a part of this great initiative in the state of Maine!
– The Maginnis Lab welcomes work-study study Kyle Holyoke to help with lab set-up!