The University of Maine is giving away free lobster to help promote the #UMaineBlueEconomy discussion!
One lucky person will win Maine lobster delivered to their door, anywhere in the United States. A second winner, a UMaine or UMaine Machias student, will win a fresh, Maine lobster dinner cooked right on Orono’s campus.
Contest entry form
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at umaine.edu/lobstergiveaway and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. Contestants that are under 18 years old must have the consent of a parent or legal guardian to enter. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, excluding Puerto Rico. Prize #1, Lobster Roll Bundle – Serves 4 from Luke’s Lobster. Prize #2, four lobsters, prepared by staff at the University of Maine, as described in more detail in Section 5 of these Rules, is only open to current University of Maine or University of Maine at Machias students. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the University of Maine as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Nov. 22, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. EST and ending Dec. 9, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All online entries must be received by Dec. 9, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Contest entries received after Dec. 9, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST may not be considered or accepted.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at umaine.edu/lobstergiveaway. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the University of Maine. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the University of Maine.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (each a “Winner”) will receive one of two prizes: (1) Lobster Roll Bundle – Serves 4 from Luke’s Lobster valued at $115; (2) a student of the University of Maine or the University of Maine at Machias, will win four lobsters, prepared by staff at the University of Maine, valued at $50. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the University of Maine. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the University of Maine’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the University of Maine to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the University of Maine. Winner will be notified by an email to the email address listed by the Winner in their entry from email@example.com within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The University of Maine shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize by replying via email within 90 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and on the condition that the Winner sign an agreement releasing the University of Maine System from liability for Winners’ use of the prize and agree to other conditions regarding use of the prize. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MAINE‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering, You understand and agree that the University of Maine System, anyone acting on behalf of the University of Maine System, and the University of Maine System’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: the University of Maine System reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the University of Maine’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the University of Maine may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the University of Maine. The University of Maine reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The University of Maine has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the University of Maine reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the University of Maine System and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, trustees and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, ingestion, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: This Campaign IS GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MAINE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is the University of Maine Division of Marketing and Communications, 5703 Alumni Hall, Orono, ME 04469.
- The Campaign hosted by the University of Maine is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or any other social media platform. Prizes may be provided in whole or in part by third parties otherwise unaffiliated with the University of Maine System. In offering such items as prizes for this contest, the University of Maine System does not endorse, warrant, is not liable or responsible for, and makes no representations as to any aspect of such third parties or products provided thereby.
Hi, Jason Bolton UMaine Extension Professor and star of such educational programing as “Washing Fruits and Vegetables” or “Guy Sits in a Grocery Cart.”
I’m here to talk to you today about a more important video, “Lobster Cooking and Eating” one of the most-watched videos on the University of Maine YouTube Channel.
In 2012, UMaine published our video to make sure people all over the world are safely consuming Maine lobster. So a decade later, we’re ready to surpass two million views.
Help us spread the word and get more people talking about Maine lobster and the blue economy. Someone who joins the blue economy conversation will win Maine lobster shipped directly to their door.
Please share this video and use the hashtag #UMaineBlueEconomy for a chance to win. Enter today!