The Rainbow Resource Center
The Rainbow Resource Center is a safe space on the University of Maine’s campus for LGBTQ students and their allies. Located in the Memorial Union in Room 224 (near the info desk), the RRC is a great place to hang out and meet new people. Whether you need a place to study, eat lunch, or have engaging conversations, the RRC is the place to be! The RRC also hosts educational programs and has several educational resources for anyone looking to learn more about LGBTQ identities and culture. The RRC is open Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4: 30 pm. Stop on by and say hello!
Division of Student Life
5748 Memorial Union, Room 223
Orono, ME, 04496
If you have any questions please contact Jennifer Iwerks at email@example.com or Silvestre Guzman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay connected via our Facebook page and Instagram account (um_lgbtqservices)
Join our newsletter to stay up-to-date! Email: email@example.com if interested.
Our Core Values
- Commitment to Diversity, Multicultural Competence and Equity: To prepare students to live responsibly in an increasingly global world.
- Education and Advocacy: To raise awareness of LGBTQ issues across campus through education and advocacy
- Inclusivity and Broad Access: Create opportunities for all students to feel safe and welcomed and become active participants in the community
- Student Development and Leadership: To provide all student the tools and opportunities to become involved and achieve their goals for success
- Community Outreach: To meet the needs of the community through collaboration and innovation.