Installer for UMaine PrintFromAnywhere printers for the PC.
How to Use PrintFromAnywhere
- Download and install the package for your OS (Windows or OSX)
- You will now have two new printers: PrintFromAnywhere BW and PrintFromAnywhere Color
- When printing, select either the BW or Color printer based on your need.
- Once you press Print, a window will popup asking what you would like to name the print job. Please enter a descriptive name as this will identify your print job at the Release Station. Once you have entered a name, press Print.
- Finally, proceed to one of our PrintFromAnywhere locations (Union, Library and now Hilltop Commons) and swipe your Mainecard at the Release Station. A list of print jobs will appear, select the one that matches the name you entered in the previous step.
- Verify the cost at the bottom is correct and press Print. Your document should now print from the nearby printer.
- Your document will remain in the print queue for two hours. After two hours it will be purged from the queue and you will need to resend the job to the printer.
- Black and White cost $0.05 a page and $0.08 for double-sided. Color is $0.25 a page.
Instructions for Microsoft Windows
- Download and extract the PrintFromAnywhere installer below.
- Right-click on the package and select Run as Administrator.
- Note: On Windows 10, you may be prompted that Windows SmartScreen is blocking the application, click More Info and Run Anyway.
- After the package loads, click Install.
- When the installation finishes you will see the message “Install finished successfully.” You can now push the Finish button.
- Note: You may get prompted by your firewall to Unblock this application. Please select Unblock to allow printing.
Instructions for Mac OSX
- Download and extract the package and run the script “UM_PrintFromAnywhere”.
- When the script loads, click the Install button and follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers and PrintFromAnywhere Client.
- When the installation finishes you should see the message “completed successfully.” Please reboot your computer.
For issues with the installation please call the IT Support Center.