Letter Requests You may require letters certifying your enrollment at the University of Maine or on behalf of your family member who is applying for the visitor visa at a US Consulate abroad. To request a certification or invitation letter please follow these instructions: Click the appropriate template below Complete the form entering information in all fields. When the letter has been