Activate Your UMaine Online Accounts
It is important to make sure your online accounts are activated and working properly:
Activating your UMaine Accounts
Your UMS account grants access to the MaineStreet, the student records system, and your maine.edu email account. Activate this as soon as possible. You will receive important information about campus housing, registration and student services at this address. To activate your account:
- Go to UMaine’s Account Activation page.
- Enter your Student ID and Activation Code provided in your admission letter.
- After you submit your activation, the activation web site generates an acknowledgement. The acknowledgement contains your new UMS User Name, password, and email address. This information should be kept private. Please save or print the information and keep it in a secure place.
- Once you have activated your account, you may use your new UMS User Name and password to check on the status of your application, or to update your personal information. Go to the MaineStreet portal. Enter your UMS User Name and password to access the portal.
If you have any difficulty activating or logging into your account, please visit our support site. If you need further assistance, you may call the UMaine IT Help Desk at (207) 581‑2506. For more information visit UMS User Account Management.
University of Maine Email Systems
The University of Maine uses two email systems, Gmail (@maine.edu) and First Class (@umit.maine.edu). You must activate both accounts and arrange to receive emails that come to both accounts. You can choose to use either one as your primary email but you must forward all mail from the other account to your address of choice.
@MAINE.EDU Email Account
The University will use your maine.edu email account to communicate important information to you about campus housing, registration and student services. You are responsible for any information sent you at this account. It is essential that you begin using this email account immediately. You can either check it regularly by going to http://mail.maine.edu or you can forward it to an account that you use regularly.
- Go to http://mail.maine.edu
- Click on the Login to UMS Webmail link
- Log in using your UMS User Name and password
To forward your email:
- Go to http://mail.maine.edu
- Click on the link Forward your @Maine.edu mail to another address
- Select the button next to Forward to the following address(es): enter the email address to which you want mail forwarded from @maine.edu and then click the Change Forwarding button
If you have difficulty activating, logging in to, or using your account, please visit our support site. This site has information about your UMS account and the MaineStreet portal and provides links to helpful resource. If you need further assistance, you may call the UMaine IT Help Desk at (207) 581-2506 or email them at email@example.com .
Accessing your UMaine Accounts
The UMaine portal at http://my.umaine.edu is the quickest way to access all your UMaine accounts at once. It also displays campus announcements and alerts, quick links. You can easily change your password too.
How to use UMaine MyCampus portal (instructional video)