Current Resident Information
HOUSING FOR RETURNING STUDENTS – 2018-2019
If you did not select a room during Room Signup in February, you may apply for housing at umaine.edu/housing – log in to myHousing.
HOUSING DURING UNIVERSITY BREAKS – CONTINUOUS HOUSING
All residence halls are open for the Fall Break and Thanksgiving Break. Continuous housing halls Kennebec, Knox, York and DTAV/Patch are open for all breaks, including the winter break and spring break.
- Cancellation fees for 2017-2018 are in effect. For more information on room and board cancellation fees, please click here.
- The Room and Board License (PDF) is for the entire academic year or the remainder of academic year if assigned after opening in the fall.
Laundry Rooms – click here to see the features & benefits of LaundryView from the Mac-Gray Corp. Always know what machines are available, busy or when your machine will be done! Check it on your computer or mobile device in addition to getting text alerts when your washer or dryer completes its cycle.
Each semester every resident student receives $25 in Laundry Funds, and then after that students will have to use their Black Bear Bucks declining balance account on your MaineCard ID since these machines will not accept coins or cash.
We strongly encourage all residents to insure their personal belongings. Please check to see whether your personal belongings are covered by your family’s homeowner policy while you are enrolled. If not, please be aware that comprehensive, affordable property insurance specifically designed for college students is available through CSI College Student Insurance.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Residence Halls – general information about each residence hall
- UMaine Dining
- Students who present with physical or psychological disabilities that are documented by a qualified medical provider may request special housing/dining accommodations. To request accommodations please contact Student Accessibility Services via phone at 207.581.2319 or fax at 207.581.9420.