Current Resident Information
HOUSING DURING UNIVERSITY BREAKS – CONTINUOUS HOUSING
All residence halls are open for the Fall Break and Thanksgiving Break. Continuous housing halls Kennebec, Knox, York and DTAV/Patch are open for all breaks, including the winter break and spring break. All other halls will close at 5pm on Friday, December 20, 2019 for Winter Break and will reopen on Sunday, January 19, 2020 after 10am. All other halls will also close for Spring Break at 5pm on Friday, March 13, 2020 and will reopen on Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 10am.
Spring 2019 – Non-break halls will close at 5pm on Friday, March 15, 2019 and will reopen on Sunday, March 24, 2019.
- Cancellation fees are in effect. For more information on room and board cancellation fees, please click here. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to cancel your room and board.
- The Undergraduate Room and Board License – 2018-2019 is for the entire academic year or the remainder of academic year if assigned after opening in the fall.
- The Undergraduate Room and Board License – 2019-2020 is for the entire academic year or the remainder of academic year if assigned after opening in the fall.
Laundry Rooms – click here to see the features & benefits of LaundryView from the Mac-Gray Corp. Always know what machines are available, busy or when your machine will be done! Check it on your computer or mobile device in addition to getting text alerts when your washer or dryer completes its cycle.
Each semester every resident student receives $25 in Laundry Funds, and then after that students will have to use their Black Bear Bucks declining balance account on your MaineCard ID since these machines will not accept coins or cash.
We strongly encourage all residents to insure their personal belongings. Please check to see whether your personal belongings are covered by your family’s homeowner policy while you are enrolled. If not, please be aware that comprehensive, affordable property insurance specifically designed for college students is available through CSI College Student Insurance.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Residence Halls – general information about each residence hall
- UMaine Dining
- Students who present with physical or psychological disabilities that are documented by a qualified medical provider may request special housing/dining accommodations. To request accommodations please contact Student Accessibility Services via phone at 207.581.2319 or fax at 207.581.9420.