Apply for housing – Incoming Transfer Students for Fall 2019
Congratulations on your transfer acceptance to the University of Maine for Fall 2019! We hope you will consider living on campus and invite you to apply now. Transfer students are not required to live on campus.
To apply for housing for Fall 2019, log in to myHousing at umaine.edu/housing, using your MaineStreet Logon ID and password to access the online housing application. Please follow all instructions throughout the application process. Once you have successfully submitted your housing application, you will see a confirmation page. IF YOU DO NOT SEE A CONFIRMATION PAGE, PLEASE GO BACK AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION.
When you apply for housing, please do so on PC or laptop, using Chrome or IE. Please do not add @maine.edu to your username.
* Apply as soon as possible. Your housing application will be processed once you confirm admission to the University of Maine.
* Hall preferences (upperclass students only) are subject to space availability. If you wish to request a specific hall, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Transfer Living Community in York Hall is available to incoming upperclass transfer students. First-year transfer students may be assigned to first-year housing.
* Select a meal plan ‑ for more information on meal plans, go to: umaine.edu/dining
* Select “Continuous Housing” ONLY if you will require housing during the Winter Break from Friday, December 20, 2019 to Sunday, January 19, 2020 and for Spring Break from Friday, March 13, 2020 to Sunday, March 22, 2020. Most residence halls close for Winter Break and Spring Break. Continuous housing halls do not. York Hall, which houses the Transfer Living Community, is open for Winter Break and Spring Break.
* will be available as of July 1, 2019
* check your assignment at umaine.edu/housing, using your MaineStreet Logon ID and password when the “My Room Assignment” button is visible
Information Regarding Check‑in
* Residence halls open for new incoming students on Friday, August 30, 2019. Residence halls open for returning students on Monday, September 2, 2019 at 10am.
* Classes begin on Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
MicroChill Refrigerator Combo
Once you have your room assignment, you may order a refrigerator/freezer/microwave combination unit for your room. Contact www.collegeproducts.com/umaine for more information. One unit is allowed per room.
Students are strongly encouraged to have property insurance for their personal belongings. Comprehensive, affordable property insurance is available through CSI College Student Insurance. For more information and to apply, go to: www.collegestudentinsurance.com/.