Apply for housing – Incoming Transfer Students for Fall 2018
Congratulations on your transfer acceptance to the University of Maine for Fall 2018! We hope you will consider living on campus and invite you to apply now. Please note that if you are transferring to UMaine as a first-year student, the University of Maine has a First-Year Residence Requirement for all first-year students except those who are 20 or older, are a student veteran, or live with a parent or legal guardian within a 35-mile radius of the University.
To apply for housing for Fall 2018, log in to myHousing at umaine.edu/housing, using your MaineStreet Logon ID and password to access the online housing application. Please follow all instructions throughout the application process. Once you have successfully submitted your housing application, you will see a confirmation page. IF YOU DO NOT SEE A CONFIRMATION PAGE, PLEASE GO BACK AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION.
When you apply for housing, please do so on PC or laptop, using Chrome or IE. Please do not add @maine.edu to your username.
* Apply as soon as you receive a postcard from our office. Your housing application will be processed once you confirm admission to the University of Maine.
* Hall preferences (upperclass students only) are subject to space availability. If you wish to request a specific hall, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Mutual roommate requests will be accommodated based upon availability, provided both students have applied for housing and confirmed admission by May 1. The Transfer Living Community in York Hall is available to incoming upperclass transfer students. First-year transfer students will be assigned to first-year housing. First-year students may select up to two First Year Experience Living Learning Community options.
* Select a meal plan ‑ for more information on meal plans, go to: umaine.edu/dining
* Select “Continuous Housing” ONLY if you will require housing during the winter break between the fall and spring semesters, and Spring Break from Friday, March 15, 2019 to Sunday, March 24, 2019. Most residence halls close for Winter Break and Spring Break. Continuous housing halls do not. Aroostook Hall, which houses the Transfer Living Community, is not open for the Winter and Spring Breaks.
* will be available as of July 1
* check your assignment at umaine.edu/housing, using your MaineStreet Logon ID and password when the “My Room Assignment” button is visible
Information Regarding Check‑in
* Residence halls open for new student check‑in on Friday, August 31, 2018. You may check in up to 11pm on any day of the Welcome Weekend (August 31 – September 2)
* Classes begin on Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Students are strongly encouraged to have property insurance for their personal belongings. Comprehensive, affordable property insurance is available through CSI College Student Insurance. For more information and to apply, go to: www.collegestudentinsurance.com/.