Apply for Housing – Incoming First Year Students for Fall 2019
Welcome to the University of Maine for Fall 2019! If you have been accepted to UMaine for Fall 2019, we invite you to apply for on-campus housing at this time. If you are a first‑year student, please note that the University of Maine requires all first‑year students to live on campus. Living on campus is not required for a new admitted first-year student under any of the following criteria: (1) aged 21 or older; (2) a veteran or transfer student; (3) living with a parent or legal guardian within easy commuting distance (35 miles); (4) exceptional circumstances that do not permit them to meet the requirement. If you qualify for an exemption from the First Year Residence Requirement, please go to the online housing application and follow the instructions for requesting an exemption.
First‑year students may request up to two of the First Year Experience Living/Learning Communities or general FYE housing (no preference). Please go to umaine.edu/reslife for information on Themed Housing. Please note that individual hall selection is not available. If you select a Living Learning Community, please be sure to answer the two followup questions before you submit your housing application. Space is limited, and assignment to a Living Learning Community is not guaranteed.
To apply for housing for Fall 2019, log in to myHousing at umaine.edu/housing, using your MaineStreet Logon ID and password to access the online housing and dining application. Please follow all instructions to complete the application process. Once you have successfully submitted an online housing application, you will see a confirmation page and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to your MaineStreet e-mail address. IF YOU DO NOT SEE A CONFIRMATION PAGE, PLEASE GO BACK AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION.
Please apply for housing on a laptop or PC, using Chrome or IE. Please do not add @maine.edu to your username.
* Apply as soon as possible. You may apply for housing even if you have not confirmed admission to UMaine. Your housing application will be processed once you confirm admission to UMaine. If you will be requesting Honors housing, please apply and confirm admission as early as possible. Honors housing is limited and fills quickly. If you have been invited to join the Honors College and wish to live in Honors housing, please accept the invitation from the Honors College before you apply for housing.
* Roommate Requests can be guaranteed under the following conditions 1) both students have housing applications on file requesting each other by May 1; and 2) both students have confirmed admission by May 1. After May 1 we will accommodate roommate requests whenever we can, based upon space availability at the time of assignment.
* LLC requests will be reviewed by Residence Life staff . Approved requests will be assigned based upon space availability.
* Select a meal plan ‑ for more information on meal plans, go to: umaine.edu/dining
* Select “Continuous Housing” ONLY if you will require housing during Winter Break from Friday, December 20, 2019 to Sunday, January 19, 2010 and for Spring Break from Friday, March 13, 2020 to Sunday, March 22, 2020. Most residence halls close for the Winter Break and Spring Break. Continuous housing halls do not.
* are made based on date of application once a student has confirmed admission to the University and on space availability
* will be available as of July 1, 2019
* check your assignment at umaine.edu/housing, using your MaineStreet Logon ID and password when the “My Room Assignment” button is visible
Information Regarding Check‑in
* Check-in for new incoming students will be on Friday, August 30, 2019. Check-in for returning students will be on Monday, September 2, 2019.
* Classes begin on Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
MicroChill Refrigerator Combo
Once you have your room assignment, you may order a refrigerator/freezer/microwave combination unit for your room, provided your roommate does not already have one in the room. Contact www.collegeproducts.com/umaine for more information. One unit is allowed per room.
Students are strongly encouraged to have property insurance for their personal belongings. Comprehensive, affordable property insurance is available through CSI College Student Insurance. For more information and to apply, go to: www.collegestudentinsurance.com/.