Apply for Housing – Incoming First Year Students for Fall 2018
Welcome to the University of Maine for Fall 2018! If you have been accepted to UMaine for Fall 2018, we invite you to apply for on-campus housing at this time. If you are a first‑year student, please note that the University of Maine requires all first‑year students to live on campus. Living on campus is not required for a new admitted first-year student under any of the following criteria: (1) aged 21 or older; (2) a veteran or transfer student; (3) living with a parent or legal guardian within easy commuting distance (35 miles); (4) exceptional circumstances that do not permit them to meet the requirement. If you qualify for an exemption from the First Year Residence Requirement, please go to the online housing application and follow the instructions for requesting an exemption.
First‑year students may request up to two of the First Year Experience Living/Learning Communities or general FYE housing (no preference). Please go to umaine.edu/reslife for information on Themed Housing. Please note that individual hall selection is not available. If you select a Living Learning Community, please be sure to answer the two followup questions before you submit your housing application.
To apply for housing for Fall 2018, log in to myHousing using your MaineStreet Logon ID and password to access the online housing and dining application. Please follow all instructions to complete the application process. Once you have successfully submitted an online housing application, you will see a confirmation page and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to your MaineStreet e-mail address. IF YOU DO NOT SEE A CONFIRMATION PAGE, PLEASE GO BACK AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION.
Please apply for housing on a laptop or PC, using Chrome or IE. Please do not add @maine.edu to your username.
* Apply as soon as possible. You may apply for housing even if you have not confirmed admission to UMaine. Your housing application will be processed once you confirm admission to UMaine. Students who apply for housing and confirm admission to UMaine by May 1 have priority for roommate requests and LLC requests. If you will be requesting Honors housing, please apply and confirm admission as early as possible. Honors housing is limited and fills quickly. If you have been invited to join the Honors College and wish to live in Honors housing, please accept the invitation before you apply for housing.
* Mutual roommate requests will be accommodated based upon space availability, provided both students have submitted a housing application and confirmed admission to the University by May 1. Roommate requests received after May 1 are not guaranteed. Both students must have confirmed admission by May 1.
* LLC requests will be reviewed by Residence Life staff . Approved requests will be assigned based upon space availability.
* Select a meal plan ‑ for more information on meal plans, go to: umaine.edu/dining
* Select “Continuous Housing” ONLY if you will require housing during the winter break between the fall and spring semesters, and Spring Break from Friday, March 15, 2019 to Sunday, March 24, 2019. Most residence halls close for the Winter Break and Spring Break. Continuous housing halls do not.
* are made based on date of application once a student has confirmed admission to the University and on space availability
* will be available as of July 1
* check your assignment at umaine.edu/housing, using your MaineStreet Logon ID and password when the “My Room Assignment” button is visible
Information Regarding Check‑in
* New students will be sent information about move-in for the Maine Hello (August 31, 2018) in late summer.
* Classes begin on Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Students are allowed one 4.0 cubic‑foot refrigerator OR one MicroFridge® Combination Appliance per room. Stand‑alone microwaves are prohibited. For more information or to rent or buy a MicroFridge®, please go to www.universitylogistics.com
Students are strongly encouraged to have property insurance for their personal belongings. Comprehensive, affordable property insurance is available through CSI College Student Insurance. For more information and to apply, go to: www.collegestudentinsurance.com/.