Graduate Faculty Recognition Ceremony
The Office of the President, the Graduate Student Government (GSG), and the Graduate School are hosting the 30th Annual Graduate Student and Faculty Recognition (Hooding) Ceremony to recognize the accomplishments of our graduate students and their faculty advisors on Friday, May 12th at 4 p.m. in the Alfond Arena. We will be honoring graduate students with conferred degrees from December 2016, and candidates for degree in May and August 2017.
Doctoral candidates graduating in August may participate in Commencement ceremonies if ALL of the following requirements are met:
- File for August graduation in MaineStreet (http://studentrecords.umaine.edu/graduation). Applying for May graduation is only for students completing all requirements by the May deadlines
- Submit a Notice of Oral Examination to the Graduate School (2 weeks prior to the defense)
- Submit a tentative dissertation to the Graduate School at least 24 hours prior to the defense
- Successfully present and orally defend the dissertation by the last Friday in April. Committee members must sign the Final Thesis Acceptance Form at the defense
- Submit a copy of the Final Thesis Acceptance Form demonstrating an affirmative vote of the Committee. The original form must accompany the final dissertation with the other required doctoral forms
Faculty participation is highly encouraged. Faculty members should meet in regalia at the skate changing area on the lower level (near the Zamboni entrance) in the Alfond Arena no later than 3:30 p.m. Regalia is available free of charge to all faculty. To order academic regalia, please complete the 2017 Faculty Regalia/Attendance Form by April 7th.
Department Chairs: To recognize an outstanding graduate student who is graduating, please email email@example.com with the student information. When the student is on stage, we will announce their name, degree, advisor, and that they are the most outstanding student in their program.
Please RSVP by completing the 2017 Faculty Regalia/Attendance Form or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by April 28th.
To request a disability accommodation, please contact Crystal Burgess (email@example.com, 581.3223).