Graduate School Commencement
The Graduate School Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, May 10, 2019 beginning at 4:00 p.m. in the Harold Alfond Arena.
Graduate students completing degrees in May 2019, August 2019, or for December 2018 graduates:
- Apply to graduate in MaineStreet by February 1, 2019 and
- Register for the Graduate School Commencement by completing the short online confirmation form (available soon) no later than Friday, May 3, 2019
Please contact the Graduate School at email@example.com or 207.581.3291 with any questions.
Doctoral Student Eligibility
Eligibility for doctoral students to participate in Commencement ceremonies are as follows:
- May 2019 doctoral candidates that have successfully completed all degree requirements
- August 2019 doctoral candidates who have successfully defended their dissertation by April 26th
- December 2018 graduates
- August 2018 graduates who did not participate in May 2018 ceremonies
Reminder: August candidates participating in May Commencement must apply to graduate for August 2019 by February 1, 2019.
Master’s & Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) Students
Graduates must wear caps and gowns (regalia), and bring hoods to the ceremony. The cost of the cap, gown, and hood is $71.98 (not including tax) and will be available for purchase at the University Bookstore on campus (online students should contact the Bookstore to purchase regalia). During the ceremony, you will be hooded by the Dean of your College and a member of the Executive Committee of the Graduate Board.
Graduates must wear caps and gowns (regalia) to the ceremony. The cost to rent regalia is $206 (not including tax). Contact Betty Campbell at 207.581.1735 or firstname.lastname@example.org in the University Bookstore to request regalia. The University will be unable to respond to orders placed after the April 11th deadline.
Refer to the Guest Information page for details on seating, parking, and attendance policies for the arena.
More information about the reception held immediately following the ceremony will be available shortly.