Apply to University of Maine
1. Review Our Academic Programs
Take a look at what graduate studies the University of Maine has to offer!
2. Communicate with your Program
Contact your intended program or review their website for admission requirements, deadlines, and additional supporting materials.
Click here for a complete list of graduate programs.
3. Read the Application Instructions Thoroughly
Before you submit your application, please read the Application Instructions. It has helpful information that can also assist you during the submission of your application.
4. Apply to UMaine
A complete degree application should include the following:
- Domestic Applicants
- International Applicants
- A completed application (online or paper)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- An application fee ($65 for an online application, $75 for a paper application)
- Certificate of Finances
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic scores
- A copy of passport or visa
5. Activate your UMS Accounts
Information will be sent via email on how to activate both your UMS email and MaineStreet accounts. Once your MaineStreet account is activated, you will be able to check the status of your application online. Please continue to monitor the status of your application through the Self-Service Center to ensure all supporting materials have been received.
6. Secure Funding
- Complete your FAFSA if you are applying for federal financial aid
- Contact your intended program for possible assistantships
- Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid to discuss possible funding options