Graduate Assistant for Commuter Events
Center for Student Involvement
The Graduate Assistant for Commuter and Nontraditional Student Programs (CNTSP) works closely and collaborates with professional staff and students to identify, develop, and execute a broad array of events, programs, and initiatives for the Commuter and Non-Traditional Student body. These include but are not limited to social, cultural, recreational, and educational programs. The GA is an ambassador for the department, the Division of Student Life, and the University. A positive attitude and action reflective of a future professional in Higher Education are essential.
Responsibilities may include
- Assist in the development and implementation of events for the commuter population
- Advise the Commuter and Non-Traditional Students organization (CANS)
- Collaborate with CSI, Student Life and other University staff to develop and implement signature events (Commuter Week, Non-Trad Week, etc)
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Wade Center for Student Leadership
- Represent the department as a member of a Division of Student Life committee.
- Regularly assess student interest in current programs and assist with the initiation of new projects.
- Maintain and update the department website.
- Develop and maintain departmental marketing materials (print, web, social media)
- Supervise 6-10 student workers
Time commitment and availability
Office hours will be negotiated with the supervisor and structured to best meet the needs of students and organizations the department supports. Possible evening hours are to be expected occasionally throughout the year to meet programming needs. Higher workloads are to be expected in advance of busy periods such as the beginning of each semester and during large campus events.. Hours are expected to average about 20 hours per week.
- B.A./B.S. in related field
- Acceptance into the Graduate School and full time enrollment at the University of Maine
- Valid driver’s license
Questions regarding this position should be directed to Brittany Mcphee (email@example.com).