Maine High School Student Summer Internship Opportunities
The Maine Space Grant Consortium (MSGC) is pleased to announce a special opportunity for Maine high school juniors who are interested in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) paid internship through the MERITS program.
MERITS is a program of the MSGC and is supported by NASA, and, for the first time, additional support is provided by the NSF EPSCoR Maine-eDNA project.
This statewide program provides a six-week, paid summer internship research opportunity for highly motivated high school juniors. Students experience ‘real-time’ applications of STEM at various Maine host institutions conducting hands-on research and technology development. Student interns receive stipends of $2,200. Some funding is available to assist with transportation costs if a financial need is demonstrated.
- Attendance at a Maine school or homeschooled and a resident of Maine
- Completion of student’s junior year in high school by June 30, 2023
- Demonstrated interest in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics
- Some experience with the use of computer applications GPA equivalent of an A
- Able to commit to a Monday through Friday work week for a six-week summer internship
- Able to provide daily transportation to/from the host institution, if applicable
How to Apply
Download application materials and guidelines at http://www.msgc.org/students/internships/ Contact Jana Hall at the Maine Space Grant Consortium at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-397-7223 or 1-207-622-4688 if you have any questions. Applications are due January 31, 2023 for consideration.
We encourage you to share out this opportunity to your community. You can download the flyer here.