2020 Summer Technology Institute
August 4-6, 2020 • Virtual Event
We are excited to announce that the Summer Technology Institute will be moving forward!
Yes! We will still “gather” to learn and network during our annual Summer Technology Institute planned for August 4-6, 2020. In order to stay safe and accommodate social distancing requirements, we are moving the Summer Tech Institute programming to a virtual format. Strands and workshops will continue as planned, with an expanded lens to embrace and reflect upon the current shifts in our educational system. Check out the learning strands below, and watch for more detailed information about workshops, hands-on activities, and more!
Participation in Summer Technology Institute will require enrollment in EDT 580 via MaineStreet. For non-degree students, please contact Mia Morrison firstname.lastname@example.org for registration.
We look forward to learning and networking with all of you!
- Using Computational Thinking to Empower All Learners with Jeff Bailey
- Active Learning and Agency, Leading the Way with Rebecca Buchanan
- Critical Creativity in the Classroom with Dan Ryder
- Empathy, Inquiry, & Integration for Early Learners and Elementary with Allison Fluet
- Capture Learning with Student Driven Digital Portfolios using Seesaw
- Choosing and Using Formative Assessment Platforms that Facilitate the Gradual Release of Responsibility (GRR) Learning Model
- Creativity and Choice in the Elementary Classroom
- Current and Emerging Technologies for Students with Disabilities
- Designing for Creative Student Expression and Authenticity
- Designing Playful Google Classroom Learning Spaces for Young Learners
- Developing Global Projects
- Developing Independence in Virtual Learning for Students with Varied Abilities
- Flippin’ Out For Flipgrid
- Inquiry-Driven Distance Learning
- Integrating Computer Science in the K-3 Classroom
- Matching Platforms with the Six Key Elements of Formative Assessment
- Meeting Students Where They Are: Trauma-Informed Approaches In Post-Pandemic Classrooms
- No Stress, Assess: Leveraging Choice & Creativity Distance or Blended Environment Assessments for Elementary Students
- No Stress, Assess: Leveraging Choice & Creativity in Distance or Blended Environment Assessments for Secondary Students
- Promoting Student Autonomy – It’s Never Too Early To Start
- Reimagining the Science Classroom
For information on workshops and presenters, please click on the links below:
- 3D MODELING FOR THE CLASSROOM
- AUTHENTIC LEARNING EXPERIENCES AS A CITIZEN SCIENTIST
- DIGITAL STORYTELLING WITH GOOGLE TOUR CREATOR
- HOW MIGHT WE LEVERAGE VIDEO TO ENHANCE EXPRESSION
- HUMAN-CENTERED APP PROTOTYPING
For more information or questions, please contact Mia Morrison at email@example.com or check back here for updated information as it becomes available.