Skip to main navigation
Skip to site navigation
Skip to content
- Provides accurate information about degree requirements, educational, and career options and opportunities.
- Helps students interpret University and College of Education and Human Development (COEHD) policies, procedures, and requirements as stated in the UM Undergraduate Catalog.
- Refers students to other University resources when necessary.
- Analyze transcripts and help students with academic decisions (e.g., choice of major, dropping courses, etc.)
- Assists students in clarifying their interests, values, and goals.
- Assists students in various educational and career-related decisions.
- Helps students set realistic goals and find the resources necessary to meet the goals.
- Monitors students progress toward teacher candidacy and verify completion of early degree requirements.
- Assists students in registering and preparing for Praxis exams.
- Formally introduce the Advising Center to students during the New Student Seminars (EHD 100).
- Evaluates teacher candidacy eFolios.
- Advise all students minoring in Education.
- Provides extra support for students on academic probation.
- Provides trained peer-advisors to assist students with course registration and portfolio development.
- Monitors the registration process and contacts students who were late registering for classes.
- Provides early review of portfolio and necessary support for student’s to successfully complete the requirements of teacher candidacy.
- Helps students with the Praxis exam through the sign-up process, advising on good study habits and directing students through acquiring accommodations, if applicable.