MACM Mentor Application
If you are interested in submitting an application, please see the information below. We are not actively recruiting mentors at this time, but mentors with a 286 endorsement or those located in rural areas are welcome to apply.
The ideal mentor will have
- At least 5 years’ experience supporting students with disabilities
- A current or recently expired (for retired teachers) certification with one of the following endorsements: 282, 286, 290, 291, or as a Special Education Administrator
- A history of creative, innovative student support in all educational environments
- Ability to collaborate with others
- An interest in increasing the number of qualified special educators in Maine
- A degree of comfort using technology
Successful mentors will
- Maintain ongoing contact with their mentee(s) throughout the school year. Contact can be via phone, e-mail, distance technology (i.e. Zoom), and/or in person
- Conduct 2 observations of your mentee(s) each semester. Observations may be videotaped or be conducted vial distance technology
- Provide support, ideas, and resources for your mentee(s) as needed
Mentors will receive a stipend for each mentee, and may use all MACM activities as contact hours or, if you prefer, CEUs, toward your own recertification.
Adjunct Instructors will provide supervision and support as needed to the mentors of their seminar students.
Still have questions? Contact Valerie Smith, Project Coordinator, @ Valerie.email@example.com or call 581-2419 and leave a message.
Ready to get started? Please fill out the application form below.
You also will need three references—one from a building administrator, one from a fellow teacher, and one from a special education director.
Please direct your references to provide information here: https://umaine.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_aeIEbLK1BTbjFcx?Q_CHL=preview