What Does Maine Partnerships in Comprehensive Literacy Provide for Classroom Teachers?
Professional Development for Classroom Teachers
Maine Partnerships in Comprehensive Literacy is a school-based, long-term professional development model that provides systematic support for teachers as they take on new instructional approaches and/or refine their teaching. Research reveals that teacher knowledge is the critical factor in making a difference in students’ learning and that consistent, high-quality classroom instruction results in higher student achievement and fewer at-risk learners.
- implement the Integrated Instructional Framework in their classrooms;
- participate in a site-based graduate course taught by the literacy coach;
- participate in professional development opportunities provided by the literacy coach;
- work with the literacy coach to refine their teaching; and
- collect, analyze and use school data to inform their teaching.