Visiting Assistant Professor in Human Development and Family Studies
223 Merrill Hall
University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469-5749
Bio: Patrick Cheek is a visiting assistant professor in human development and family studies at the University of Maine. His primary interests lie in the scientific study of family systems and relationships. Patrick specializes in both live and online teaching, and has taught previously in the University of Maine System, the Maine Community College System and at the University of Minnesota.
Ph.D. in Family Social Science, 2015, University of Minnesota
M.S. in Human Development, 2009, University of Maine
B.A. in Social Science, 2007, University of Maine at Augusta
Courses taught at UMaine
- CHF 404: Fatherhood and Families (Selected Topics)
- CHF 431: Parenting
- CHF 452: Violence in the Family
- HUD 511: Seminar in Family Relations
- HUD 554: Legislation and Policy in Human Development
- Cheek, P., & Solheim, C. (2016). A qualitative study of how communication technology facilitates nonresident father-teen relationships. Manuscript in Preparation.
- Cheek, P., & Solheim, C. (2016). Mapping the role of communication technology in nonresident father-teen relationships. Poster presentation for 2016 National Council on Family Relations conference, Minneapolis, MN.
- Cheek, P., & Solheim, C. (2013). Noncustodial father involvement and children’s post-secondary progress. Poster presentation for 2013 National Council on Family Relations conference, San Antonio, TX.