Reading Recovery University Training Center Director and Coordinator of Literacy Professional Development Programs
205 Shibles Hall
University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469-5766
Bio: Mary Rosser is the Director of the University Training Center for Reading Recovery and coordinator of literacy professional development programs at the University of Maine College of Education and Human Development. Mary’s areas of expertise are language education, curriculum development and early literacy intervention, with a focus on developing comprehensive literacy and intervention designs within a K-12 model. Mary has worked at primary, secondary and tertiary levels of education and has extensive international experience as a literacy consultant and popular conference presenter. Throughout Mary’s career she has worked in Australia, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Lesotho, Botswana, Swaziland, Malawi, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, and the United States of America. Mary’s current research interests focus on analysis of pedagogy with particular attention to teacher/student interactions that promote powerful learning, and the implementation of comprehensive literacy intervention models within the contexts of English language learning, special education and general education.
C.A.S. Reading Recovery Trainer, 1997, Auckland College of Advanced Education
M.Ed. Reading, 1992, Griffith University
B.Ed. with distinction, 1990, North Brisbane CAE
Dip.T. with distinction, 1973, Kedron Park Teachers College
Courses taught at UMaine
- ERR 631: Issues Related to Reading Recovery Theory and Practice
- ERR 632: Issues Related to Reading Recovery Theory and Practice cont.
- ERR 633: Teacher Leader Internship
- ERR 634: Teacher Leader Internship cont.
- ERR 635: Teacher Leader Practicum
- ERR 636: Teacher Leader Practicum cont.
- Rosser, M., Doore, B., Sargent, L. C. & Smith. (2014). Teacher Decision Making: A Process of Collaboration to Accelerate Student Learning within a Comprehensive Intervention Model (CIM). In Dorn, L., Forbes, S., Poparad, Mary A., & Schubert, B. (Eds.). Changing minds, changing schools, changing systems: A comprehensive literacy design for school improvement. CA: Hameray.
- Rosser, M. & Taylor, L. (2014). Reading Recovery: Maine State Report 2011-12. University of Maine University Training Center for Reading Recovery.
- Rosser, M. & Doore, B. (2013). Literacy Lessons Evaluation Report 2009-2012. University of Maine University Training Center for Reading Recovery.