Lecturer of Athletic Training
104 Lengyel Hall
University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469
Bio: Kaz Yanagi is lecturer of athletic training at the University of Maine College of Education and Human Development. He previously worked as a doctoral gradate assistant at the University of Hawaii—Manoa in Honolulu from 2011-2014. Before that he was head athletic trainer and lecturer of kinesiology at University of Texas of the Permian Basin in Odessa, and was a graduate assistant athletic trainer at Hastings College in Hastings, Nebraska, where he earned his master’s degree.
M.A. in Teaching, 2007, Hastings College
B.S. in Kinesiology and Physical Education, 2003, California State University, Long Beach
Courses taught at UMaine
- KPE 250: Prevention and Care of Injuries
- KPE 301: Athletic Training Clinical Skills
- KPE 387: Therapeutic Exercise of Musculoskeletal Injuries
- KPE 301: Athletic Training Practicum III
- Kimura, I. K., Stickley, C. D., Lentz, M. A., Wages, J. J., Yanagi, K., and Hetzler, R.K. (2014). Validity and reliability of the Hawaii anaerobic run test in healthy, college age individuals. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research: 28(5).