University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469-5766
Associate Professor – Counselor Education
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Counseling Psychology, Ph.D.
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Counselor Education, M.S.
Hope College, Holland, Michigan, French, B.A.
- Play Therapy
- Advanced Individual Counseling Practicum
- Counselor Education Internship
- Advanced Counselor Education Internship
- Doctoral Seminar
- Rural School and Mental Health Counseling
- Dean’s Advisory Committee, College of Education and Human Development
- Graduate Board, University of Maine
- Board, Maine Counseling Association
- Board, Maine School Counseling Association
- Association of Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES), Rural Counseling Interest Network, Chair; Doctoral Programs Special Interest Network; School Counseling Special Interest Network
- Board of Trustees, Carrabassett Valley Academy, Carrabassett Valley, Maine
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Maine
- Breen, D. (2010). Thoughts from Rural Maine High School Counselors about the Challenge of Preparing Rural Students for Post Secondary Education. Maine Counseling Association News & Views, Fall 2010.
- Breen, D. (2010). Learning the Ropes of Rural Counseling. In Counseling Today, American Counseling Association. Interview by Jonathan Rollins.
- Drew, D., & Breen, D. (2010). The Professional School Counselor in the Rural Setting: Strategies for Meeting Challenges and Maximizing Rewards. In Professional School Counseling: A Handbook of Theories, Programs & Practices, 2nd Edition, Erford, B.T., Editors, Caps Press, Pro-Ed.
- Breen, D. (2009). Catherine’s Story: Challenges of Aging in a Rural Community. In L. Golden, Case Studies in Counseling Older Adults. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill/Prentice-Hall.
- Breen, D. T. Area Middle School Career Day, UTC, Bangor, Maine, May 31, 2011.
- Breen, D. “School Counseling Internship”. Counselor Education Clinical Training Workshop for Internship Supervisors, University of Maine, Orono, Maine, April 29, 2011.
- Breen, D. “Counseling Children in Military Families: Tips for School Counselors”. Maine School Counselor Association Annual Conference, Portland, Maine, November 4, 2010.
- Drew, D., Breen, D., Crawford, M. “Promoting Equity and Social Justice by Transforming Pedagogy: Preparing Counselors for Rural Practice.” North Atlantic Region Association of Counselor Education and Supervision Bi-Annual Conference, New Brusnwick, New Jersey, September 25, 2010.
- Drew, D., Breen, D., Crawford, M. “Transformative Pedagogy: Preparing Counselors for Rural Practice.” Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Bi-Annual Conference, San Diego, California. October 15, 2009.
- Breen, D. T. Area Middle School Career Day, UTC, Bangor, Maine, June 2, 2009.
- Breen, D.T., Drew, D., Gardner, L. “Being Rural Impacts Rural Students’ Preparation for Post Secondary Education: Research with Rural High School Counselors.” American Counseling Association Annual Conference, Charlotte, North Carolina, March 22, 2009.
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Maine Psychological Association (MPA)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
- North Atlantic Association of Counselor Education and Supervision (NARACES)
- Northern New England Association of Counselor Education and Supervision (NNEACES)
- American School Counselor Association (ASCA)
- Maine Counseling Association (MeCA)
- Maine School Counselor Association (MESCA)
- Eastern Maine Counseling Association (EMESCA)